Taking ministry to the streets
Candidates shall meet the following requirements:
The City Care Chaplain Corp is a non-denominational ecumenical ministry provided by volunteer clergy and non-clergy volunteers. City Care Chaplain Members fulfill the program’s purpose in the following manner:
- Visitation to hospital, convalesce rehab, senior and youth centers, etc. (the list goes on).
- By being alert to the spiritual and emotional needs of persons, patients and personnel within a given facility and or the community.
- By participating in city events.
- Must be above reproach, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, and able to teach, not addicted to alcohol or drugs, not contentious, and free from excessive debt. Must manage their household, family and personal affairs well. Must have a good reputation with those outside the church.
- Must be ecclesiastically certified and/or endorsed, ordained, license, or commissioned by a recognize religious body.
- Must successfully complete an appropriate level of background investigation.
- Must have at least 2 years of successful local church ministry experience within a recognized Church, religious denomination, or faith-based nonprofit.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license.
- Attend monthly meetings with the chaplain director/supervisor.
- Complete the City Care Chaplaincy training program.
- Must maintain membership in City Care Chaplains Corp